Welcome to historic Franklin and the unique communities of Williamson County, Tennessee located just 20 miles south of downtown Nashville where you will enjoy a Great American Main Street experience...
Contact: Kellye Murphy
Franklin, TN (June 9, 2009)
Top 12 Really Fun Things To Do In and Around Franklin, Tennessee
A Dozen Things to do in a Distinctive Destination
1. Uncorked at Arrington Vineyards - free wine tastings, Music in the Vines, gourmet picnic with Loggins and Messina LIVE in concert June 12
2. Dare to be Scared - Take the Haunted Franklin walking tour with Franklin on Foot or try the Murder and Mayhem! tour if you dare.
3. Frosting Frenzy - Indulge in Ivey Cake's Goody Two Shoes cupcake and Curious Gourmet's Celebration cupcake while shopping downtown Franklin.
4. Breakfast and Tiffany's - Go for morning coffee and baked goodies at Merridee's and take a stroll down Main Street to St. Paul's Church to check out the Louis Tiffany windows.
5. Not Just Another Old Factory - Enjoy great eats, artisans and antiques at The Factory at Franklin. Don't miss Saturday Farmers market!
6. Bucket List Must - Eating a "Redneck Taco" at Martin's Barbeque in Nolensville
7. Discover Your Inner Chef - Cooking classes at Stoney River or Viking Cooking School
8. Listen to the Music! Catch a Rising Star at Puckett's or a soulful tune at Tin Roof2, Sol Restaurant or Carnton's Sunset Concert Series.
9. Health and History - Hike from Pinkerton Park up to Ft. Granger (Check out the other 12 sites on the new Tennessee Civil War Trails, too.)
10. Visit the Double Arches - Take a leisurely drive on the Natchez Trace Parkway and see the famous double arch bridge then stop off in Leiper's Fork for lunch and shopping in the village.
11. Date Night Diva - Shop for the perfect date night outfit at Haven, Gino and What's in Store on Main Street, then on to the CoolSprings Galleria for even more great stores.
12. Judd-mania - Wynonna and Naomi invite you to Gray's on Main June 11-14 for a glimpse of the memorabilia of Franklin's beloved duo, The Judds.
Visit our website for more information on these fun things to do and many more, too!
The Williamson County Convention & Visitors Bureau (WCCVB) is the official destination marketing organization for Franklin and Williamson County, Tennessee, located "100 Years" and a few miles south of Nashville. The WCCVB promotes and markets the Williamson County area, Franklin and its historic assets including the "Great American Main Street" experience to visitors across the state, the U.S. and worldwide. The WCCVB can be reached by phone 615.791.7554, fax 615.550.2707, toll free 866.253.9207, online www.VisitWilliamson.com or by mail 108 4th Avenue South, Suite 203, Franklin, TN, 37064